We believes that long term, systemic change can happen only though individual volunteers. You can make a difference by contributing some of your time, energy and talent to help HFP. This is a great opportunity to contribute, develop your skills and to interact with other volunteers who have the same spirit and drive to help those in need.Here are some things we would like you to know and consider:
• We require a 15-20 hour commitment per month, for a minimum of two years. This commitment can be fulfilled mostly during the evenings and the weekends but could occasionally be during weekdays as well.
• Before you can work with clients, you need to complete a 40-hour training in domestic violence as well as a 3-hour HFP training.Other ways to Volunteer:
• Outreach & Education
• Administrative & Office Help
• Interpretation/Translation Services
• Events & Fundraising
• Other skill sets / services that you can donate
Please send an email if you are interested in volunteering with Help Fight Poverty. Please indicate how you would like to help or ask us to contact you to discuss the current needs. We appreciate any type of help and support you can give.